Entry to Suffolk Cup 2021 now openNovember 5, 2020
Suffolk Cricket are delighted to invite clubs to enter teams into the Suffolk Cup competitions for the 2021 season.
On the back of positive feedback of the structure for the 2020 competition the 2021 format will continue to provide relevant playing opportunities for all entered teams.
As with previous years the Suffolk Cup aims to:
- To complement any planned cricket to be played in 2021.
- Provide playing opportunities for as many cricketers as possible.
- Provide greater ‘level based’ fixtures.
- A competitive cricket offering.
- Encourage returning players.
- No minimum number of U18 players
- Provide a vibrant Finals Day for cricket in Suffolk
Working on a basis of being open to ALL Suffolk based / Affiliated clubs (extending to clubs neighbouring in counties pending realistic geographical locations) and using the East Anglian Premier League (EAPL) and Two Counties League (TCL) structure as a playing standard guide the following competitions are available to enter:
- Playing Standard: EAPL and Two Counties Div 1
- Playing Standard: Two Counties Div 2 to Two Counties Div 4
- Playing Standard: Two Counties Div 5 to Two Counties Div 7
- Playing Standard: Two Counties Div 8 to Two Counties Div 9
Clubs should enter a team or teams based on their current playing level and would be expected to do so in the spirit of cricket. There is an entry fee of £20 per team.
Depending on entrants clubs / teams would be grouped and play a round robin format as best possible within their geographic area. Playing windows for each fixture would be provided. This will lead to a Semi-Final round (where required) and into a Suffolk Cup Finals day for all 4 competitions at Woolpit Cricket Club on Sunday 13th September (TBC)
If your club would like to enter a team or teams please complete the form via the link below by Sunday 3rd January. Please note that the running of any of the competition is subject to Government and ECB Guidance on the playing of recreational cricket.
For any enquiries about this competition please contact Andrew Blanchard, 07738 199150
Categorised in: Suffolk T20