Suffolk Grounds Association
The Suffolk Cricket Board Grounds Association was inaugurated in November 2007. It operates under the umbrella of the Suffolk Cricket Board (SCB) and the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
The association’s role is to help and advise fellow groundsmen, with the following aims and objectives:
- To work in partnership with appropriate individuals, suppliers and agencies to develop both Groundsmen and playing surfaces for all clubs and facilities affiliated to the Suffolk Cricket Board.
- The Association will, so far as resources shall permit, asuume responsibility within the County of Suffolk for:
- Grounds / facility preparation education.
- Groundsmanship development activities and programmes.
- Any other related matters in compliance with the initiatives, aims and objectives of the ECB and the Suffolk Cricket Board, provided always that they are in the best interests of the Association and to the benefits of its members and the preparation of pitches and cricket facilities for the playing and practicing of the game of cricket in general.
The SGA is a fully constituted group. The Committee has regular meetings. All clubs affliated to the Suffolk Cricket Board are automatically members of the SGA. The SGA will continue to keep the details of club groundsmen on its database and will continue with them individually when required.
Membership benefits to clubs and groundsmen are:-
- Representation to the SCB and ECB via the association’s representative on the SCB.
- The ability to access comprehensive written and verbal ground and facility reports including soil sample (pH) and corrective fertilisation programme, via the County Pitch Advisor David Oakes.
- The SGA will undertake Autumn renovation of your square at a cost of £30 per wicket.
The association is a non-profit organisation with any money raised ploughed back into grass roots cricket through training and development. The aim is to work in partnership with appropriate individuals, suppliers, organisations and agencies to develop both groundsmen and playing surfaces for all clubs and facilities affiliated to the SCB.