WBCM: Get involved Now!June 30, 2021
Women’s Big Cricket Month: Highlights newsletter – Read here!
Have a great time at your local softball festival and want to play more over the summer?
Enjoyed scoring your local team and want to take it further?
Watch your child have a great time at All Stars and think you have got what it takes to run a session?
Women’s Big Cricket Month has been a great success in Suffolk with clubs, schools, county teams, and more, all doing their bit to raise the profile of women and girls cricket. If you have enjoyed being part of the month as a player, coach, umpire, volunteer, spectator, or in any other way – this summer has plenty to keep you involved in cricket!
GET INVOLVED NOW!
Playing events coming up:
- U11 Girls Softball Festival
- Date – Wednesday 21st July
- Tournament age group – U11 girls
- Format – Kwik Cricket Lady Taverners rules
- Location – Woolpit CC
- All clubs welcome, please register your interest with Lara Neild.
- Suffolk Hundred Festival
- Date – Friday 27th August
- Tournament age groups – U9 mixed, U11 mixed, U11 girls, U13 girls
- Format – 8-a-side festival playing Hundred-style cricket
- Location – Bury St. Edmunds CC
- All clubs welcome, please register your interest via the link on social media or with Lara Neild.
- Women’s Softball Festivals
- Sudbury Softball Festival – Wednesday 30th June – All welcome, please contact Sudbury CC on social media or play-cricket to get involved
- Yoxford Softball Festival – Wednesday 7th July – All welcome, please contact Yoxford CC on social media or play-cricket to get involved
- Beccles CC and Bungay CC play in the Norfolk Softball League – contact the clubs to get involved in this.
- Ipswich School Games Girls Kwik Cricket Festival – Tuesday 6th July
- Restricted entry for registered schools only
Women’s Club Training Sessions:
Here are the times for just some of the clubs in Suffolk – ask at your local club or contact Lara Neild if you are looking for more information on a different club.
- Battisford & District CC –
- Bury St. Edmunds CC – Fridays 6-7pm (Softball specific)
- Copdock & Old Ipswichian CC – Tuesdays 6-8pm
- Easton CC – Thursdays 6.15-7.45/8pm
- Haverhill CC – Fridays 6-8pm
- Kesgrave CC – Wednesdays 6-7.30pm (Softball specific)
- Melton St. Audry’s CC – Mondays 6.30pm
- Mildenhall CC – Tuesdays 6pm
- Woolpit CC – Wednesdays 6-7.30pm
- Worlington CC – Thursdays 6-8pm
- Yoxford CC – Sundays 11-12am
- All Stars/Dynamos
- Becoming an All Stars/Dynamos Activator is very straightforward and worthwhile
- This involves attending an evening course to learn the drills involved and practice your coaching skills with specially trained coach supports who will assist you to ensure you are easily capable of running an All Stars/Dynamos session
- For more information on the next Activator course, please contact Andrew Blanchard
- If you would like to become a parent helper at All Stars or Dynamos, please contact your local centre for more information and to get involved.
- Coach Support Worker
- This course is designed for beginners who are interested in supporting a coach in running sessions for all age groups.
- The course focuses on the necessary skills for being a coach without the pressure of having to run the session yourself
- This is perfect for those who are interested in giving coaching a go!
- For more information on the next Coach Support Worker course, please contact Andrew Blanchard
- Junior/Senior coaching – Foundation 1/Foundation2 courses
- Coaching courses are for those who are interested in pursuing their coaching and getting involved in leading and s
If you are looking to get involved in umpiring this summer, the best place to start is to contact your local club and get involved with umpiring junior and senior matches which are taking place this summer.
If you are interested in attending an umpiring course to gain an umpiring qualification, starting your journey towards being a more serious umpire, please contact Andrew Blanchard for further information on the next available umpiring course in East Anglia which you could attend.
* all coaches require a valid DBS covering them for the relevant age group they will be coaching/umpiring
Well done to everyone who has taken part in Women’s Big Cricket Month – I hope that you have been inspired by some of the people who have been spotlighted this month and you feel encouraged to get involved in one or more aspects of cricket in the coming months and in the future!
Categorised in: Womens Cricket