ECB Core Coach
The ECB Core Coach programme is an entry level qualification for coaching cricket in England and Wales alongside ECB Foundation I Coach.
The programme is a blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore the player-centred planning process, player development, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences.
By committing yourself to this programme and becoming a qualified coach you will become an important part of the ECB’s coaching family that works together to help players improve, have fun, be safe and learn at every stage of their development.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead player-centred coaching sessions.
An ECB Core Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
- Role of an ECB Core Coach
- Player-centred planning process
- Player development
- Core principles – batting, bowling (pace and spin), fielding and wicketkeeping
- Tactical knowledge, physical fundamentals and mental skills
- The coaching tools
- The continuum of practice
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire and develop players and make a difference to the game.
Experience of playing or coaching cricket is desirable but not essential when applying for this programme.
Click here for more information on choosing the right programme for you.
- Eight face-to-face modules lasting three hours each, including two observed coaching opportunities
- Six bitesize e-learning modules lasting 15-20 minutes each
- Multiple choice question assessment
- Short answer question assessment
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB DBS.
Upcoming ECB Core Coach Courses
Course Venue: Bury St Edmunds CC, Nowton Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 2BT
Course Dates: Day 1 – Sunday 16th April, Day 2 – Sunday 23rd April, Day 3 – Sunday 30th April , Day 4 – Sunday 7th May
Course Times: 9am – 4pm
Closing date for applications: 10th April
To book: Click Here
No course currently available or dates don’t work for you?
Please complete this expression of interest form and we will contact you when courses are available.