ECB Grass Roots Cricket AwardsAugust 1, 2022
Suffolk Cricket is pleased to launch the 2022 ECB Grass Roots Cricket Awards, which seek to reward and recognise volunteers across Suffolk who have made a difference to their club, league or community group.
There are eleven award categories this year, and the deadline for nominations is Sunday 4th September. Please take the time to look through the categories and nominate some deserving colleagues.
2022 Nominations Categories
- Connecting Communities – A Club or community organisation which has gone above and beyond the call of cricket to support communities/groups coming back to the game we love.
- Inspired to play – An Individual or group within your club or community organisation going above and beyond to open the game up to new audiences.
- Rising Star Award – Young volunteer making a difference – 11 – 16-year-olds
- Game changer – Young volunteer 17 – 25-year-olds making a difference in the game.
- Unsung hero – Those heroes who impact our game and help us make cricket happen. This could be ground staff, coaches, officials, umpires, or other volunteers.
- Growing the game – A league volunteer, committee member, or administrator going above and beyond to support clubs and help increase the number of games played.
- Lifetime achiever – That one individual who has given many years of service to your club or community group you could not do without.
- Cricket innovators – Someone who has brought new ideas and/or implemented new systems to improve your club or community group.
- SafeHands Award – An individual that has gone above and beyond to create a positive environment for young people to enjoy the game.
- Tackling Climate Change – A club or community organisation that is addressing the threat climate change poses to cricket, by making sustainable changes to operations, adapting their facilities and/or engaging their local community
- Volunteer Grounds Management Team of the Year – Aim would be to reward and recognise those volunteers who are making a real difference at clubs. Those who are working hard and improving the places where the game is played.
The information given in this form will be used by Suffolk Cricket to consider the award of a Grassroots Cricket Award to the person you are nominating on this form. If your nomination is also selected as an overall National Winner, the ECB will then contact the winner to explain how their personal information will be used.
Should you have any queries please contact Andrew Blanchard / 07738 199150
Categorised in: Volunteers