CUB Hub Programme
The Suffolk Cricket CUB Hub programme forms part of the cricket development pathway in Suffolk.
The programme aims to inspire and foster the raw enthusiasm that a young person has for cricket in a fun and supportive environment.
Running between U9-U11 (School Years 4-6) age groups for boys and girls provides access to quality coaching with regular playing and training opportunities to as many children as possible without the need for any trial.
Whilst being linked to the Suffolk Young Cricketers pathway programme CUB Hub has its own training curriculum and internal games programme that all children take part in.
CUB Hub sessions will involve hard balls and all participants should have their own protective equipment to bring to every session. This includes; bat, batting pads, batting gloves, abdominal protector (if required) and helmet.
For the 2022/23 programme we have made some changes to the programme. Please ensure you have read and understood this prior to registering your child.
- The programme will run in 3 locations:
- Bury St Edmunds (South Lee Community Sports Centre)
- Ipswich (Suffolk ONE Sixth Form College)
- Framlingham (Framlingham College Sports Centre)
- All sessions will be mixed gender with the exception of an additional Girls Only (Development) option at the Suffolk ONE location.
- Each location will host 2 CUB Hub Sessions which will run for 1 hour back to back.
- 1 x Development
- 1 x Advanced
- The Development Sessions are open to all children (boys and girls) and are offered on a first come basis.
- The Advanced Sessions are offered on an invitational basis.
- Each player’s development will be monitored in 3 week cycles and your child may be asked to move to either group to aid their individual progress.
As part of the Suffolk Cricket CUB Hub programme your child will receive:
- Winter Coaching programme delivered in 3 x 6 week blocks.
- Progressive coaching programme into hardball cricket
- Minimum coach to player ratio 1:7
- Access to discounted Gray Nicolls equipment
- CUB Hub Internal Games programme
Your child will be required to attend your selected CUB Hub sessions during the Winter Programme. Please note that there is no transferring to other locations within a 6 week block.
CUB Hub Clothing
Please note training kit is not included. We would like players to wear official Suffolk Cricket CUB Hub kit to training. This will be the kit will also be worn for internal and external fixtures during the Summer.
A minimum of Yellow and Black CUB Hub Training T-Shirt (short or long sleeve) and Black Pro Performance Trousers are required. These and additional CUB Hub clothing can be purchased HERE.
The cost is £150 for the whole 18 week programme per person.
Suffolk Cricket Bursary Support
To support the talent development of young players, to whom the potential cost of being part of a Suffolk Cricket Training Programme may present some financial challenges, Suffolk Cricket Board are able to offer support.
Support is open to any player for the coming year and can cover:
- CUB Hub Programme Fees
- The cost of buying essential equipment and clothing.
Suffolk Cricket will review all applications received and allocate funds based upon available resource. Whilst the scheme is not means tested we do rely on a top level of disclosure from applicants about their circumstances, which is treated in the strictest of confidence.
All applications will be formally replied to, in writing communicating the outcome of the application.
In order to make an application please download the Suffolk Cricket CUB Hub Support Application Form.
Please return forms to email@example.com
Additional opportunities beyond CUB Hub include:
- Selection for Suffolk Young Cricketers fixtures against other equivalent aged County teams (for invited/selected players). Please note these fixtures may have an additional cost.
- Invitation to attend a residential cricket festival to play multiple fixtures against equivalent aged County teams.
To book your child onto a CUB Hub Development programme please see below. Please note there is no transferring locations within a 6 week block
South Lee Community Sports Centre, Nowton Road, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 2BT
9am – 10am
Block 1 – 13th, 20th, 27th Nov, 4th, 11th, 18th Dec
Block 2 – 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th Jan, 5th, 19th Feb
Block 3 – 26th Feb, 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th Mar, 2nd Apr
Suffolk ONE Sixth Form College, Scrivener Drive, Ipswich, IP8 3SU
6pm – 7pm (2 session will be run simultaneously, 1 mixed gender and 1 girls only)
Block 1 – 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th Nov, 5th, 12th Dec
Block 2 – 19th Dec, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th Jan, 6th Feb
Block 3 – 20th, 27th Feb, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th Mar
Framlingham Hub Details:
Framlingham College Sports Centre, College Road, Framlingham, IP13 9EY
6:30pm – 7:30pm
Block 1 – 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th Nov, 7th Dec
Block 2 – 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, 1st Feb, 8th Feb