Cub Hub Programme
The Suffolk Cricket Cub Hub programme forms part of the cricket development pathway in Suffolk.
The programme aims to inspire and foster the raw enthusiasm that a young person has for cricket in a fun and supportive environment.
The programme runs for boys and girls between U9-U11 (School Years 4-6) providing access to quality coaching with regular playing and training opportunities to as many children as possible without the need for any trial.
Whilst being linked to the Suffolk Young Cricketers pathway programme Cub Hub has its own training curriculum and internal games programme that all children take part in.
Cub Hub sessions will involve hard balls and all participants should have their own protective equipment to bring to every session. This includes; bat, batting pads, batting gloves, abdominal protector (if required) and helmet.
- The programme will run in 4 locations:
- Bury St Edmunds (South Lee Community Sports Centre)
- Ipswich 1 (Ipswich School)
- Framlingham (Framlingham College Sports Centre)
- Ipswich 2 (St Joseph’s College)
- All sessions will be mixed gender with the exception of an additional Girls Only option at Bury St Edmunds.
- Each location will host 2 Cub Hub Sessions (with the exception of Bury St Edmunds), which will run for 1 hour back to back.
- Each hub will run for 3 x 6 week blocks
- For the BLOCK 1 (pre Christmas) your child will attend the session / time at the venue you choose.
- For BLOCK 2 and BLOCK 3 each hub will host a Development session and Advanced session. Your child will be placed in either one of these after assessment from our coaching team. This is to ensure your child is placed in best possible learning environment for their stage of development.
- Please note that this may mean your child attends a session 1 hour earlier or later than in BLOCK 1. Please ensure you are aware of this before your initial registration.
As part of the Suffolk Cricket Cub Hub programme your child will receive:
- Winter Coaching programme delivered in 3 x 6 week blocks.
- Progressive coaching programme into hardball cricket
- Minimum coach to player ratio 1:7
- Access to discounted Gray Nicolls equipment
- Cub Hub Internal Summer Games programme
Your child will be required to attend your selected Cub Hub sessions during the Winter Programme. Please note that there is no transferring to other locations within a 6 week block.
Cub Hub Clothing
Please note training kit is not included. We would like players to wear official Suffolk Cricket Cub Hub kit to training. This will be the kit will also be worn for internal and external fixtures during the Summer.
We recommend a Yellow and Black Cub Hub Training T-Shirt (short or long sleeve). This and additional Cub Hub clothing can be purchased HERE.
£150. This can be in full or in 3 installments. Should you wish to pay in installments please contact via details below.
Suffolk Cricket Bursary Support
To support the participation in cricket of young players, to whom the potential cost of being part of a Suffolk Cricket Training Programme may present some financial challenges, Suffolk Cricket Board are able to offer support.
Support is open to any player for the coming year and can cover:
- Cub Hub Programme Fees
- The cost of buying essential equipment and clothing.
Suffolk Cricket will review all applications received and allocate funds based upon available resource. Whilst the scheme is not means tested we do rely on a top level of disclosure from applicants about their circumstances, which is treated in the strictest of confidence.
All applications will be formally replied to as promptly as possible with an outcome of the application.
In order to make an application please visit – Suffolk Cricket Cub Hub Support Application Form.
Support with equipment with the Lord’s Taverner Kit Recycling Programme
In addition to our bursary programme we are delighted to work with the Lord’s Taverners Sports Kit Recycling programme to help supply young cricketers with the necessary equipment that can be a financial restraint to families. Suffolk Cricket will work with Lord’s Taverners to supply donated kit players to enable their participation in our training programmes. Please note that due to reasons of safety we are unable to provide helmets via this programme.
To register for equipment from the Lord’s Taverners Sports Recycling programme please complete this form.
Additional potential opportunities beyond Cub Hub include:
- Selection for Suffolk Young Cricketers fixtures against other equivalent aged County teams (for invited/selected players). Please note these fixtures may have an additional cost.
- Invitation to attend a residential cricket festival to play multiple fixtures against equivalent aged County teams.
To book your child onto a Cub Hub Development programme please see below…