CUB Hub Programme 2021October 23, 2020
Launched in 2020, the Suffolk Cricket CUB Hub programme has been further expanded for 2021. Forming part of the cricket development pathway in Suffolk, CUB Hub provides access to quality coaching with regular playing and training opportunities to as many children as possible without the need for trial.
The programme aims to inspire and foster the raw enthusiasm that a young boy or girl has for cricket and gives them the opportunity to improve whilst having fun during the process.
From a performance perspective Suffolk Cricket will begin to create a wider base of participation to grow cricket in the County and help to contribute to pushing the game forward for years to come.
In addition to Boys U10 and Girls U11, the 2021 programme now also includes the Boys U11 age group.
About the programme:
- 24 hours (increased by 4 hours) Winter Coaching Programme delivered by our experienced coaching team.
- All coaches have completed the relevant DBS, First Aid and Safeguarding checks.
- Sessions delivered in COVID-19 Risk Assessed venues and with ECB COVID-19 coaching delivery guidance.
- Minimum coach to player ratio of 1:5
- Access to discounted Gray Nicolls equipment
- 4 CUB Hub Intra Festivals (delivered during school holidays)
- Feedback reports to aid development
Your child will be required to attend your selected CUB Hub sessions during the Winter Programme. Please note that there is no transferring to other Hubs.
A Suffolk Cricket CUB Hub shirt (Yellow & Black), should be worn at all sessions. This and any additional Suffolk Cricket Training clothing is available to purchase from our ONLINE SHOP.
Additional opportunities beyond the CUB Hub include:
- Selection for Boys U10 or Girls U11 County fixtures against other equivalent aged County teams (for invited/selected players)*
- Invitation for Boys U10 or Girls U11 residential cricket Tours / Festival (for invited/selected players)*
*note these have an additional cost.
2020 / 21 CUB Hub Programmes and Booking Details
Registration to secure a CUB Hub place will open at 9am on Sunday 18th October via the links below. Each Hub is limited to 20 children.
Boys U10 – For children in school years 4 and 5
- Boys U10 (1) based at Framlingham College, 6pm to 8pm, Wednesdays from 6th January to 31st March. – BOOK THIS OPTION
- Boys U10 (2) based at South Lee Community Sports Centre (Bury St Edmunds), 11:15am to 1.15pm, Sundays from 3rd January to 28th March. – BOOK THIS OPTION
- Boys U10 (3) based at South Lee Community Sports Centre (Bury St Edmunds), 9am to 11am, Sundays from 3rd January to 28th March. – BOOK THIS OPTION
Girls U11 – For children in school years 4, 5 and 6
- Girls U11 (1) based at St Joseph’s College (Ipswich), 5.30pm to 7.30pm, Fridays from 8th January to 22nd March. – BOOK THIS OPTION
- Girls U11 (2) based at Framlingham College, 5.30pm to 7.30pm, Tuesdays from 5th January to 30th March. – BOOK THIS OPTION
Boys U11 – For children in school year 6 only
- Boys U11 (1) based at South Lee Community Sports Centre, 1.30pm to 3.30pm, Sundays from 3rd January to 28th March. – THIS OPTION IS FULLY BOOKED
- Boys U11 (2) based at Framlingham College, 10am to 12pm, Sundays from 3rd January to 28th March. – BOOK THIS OPTION
Categorised in: Junior Cricket